Provided by the Michelle Vandale Memorial Spirit of Winter Ringette Tournament Committee and the Fraser Valley Ringette Association
for Fraser Valley Ringette Association players, coaches, on-ice officials, and/or volunteers who reflect the passion and dedication of the Fraser Valley Ringette Association members and who are in their final year of high school OR are currently attending a post-secondary school or program (including ‘mature’ students).
Applications must be received by the Fraser Valley Ringette Association NO LATER THAN: November 22nd
PURPOSE OF THE FVRA MEMBER SCHOLARSHIP
To provide annually a scholarship of $500 towards post-secondary education for FVRA players, coaches, executive members, volunteers, and/or officials who demonstrate strong academic performance, a sustained strong commitment to the sport of ringette, and who emulate the passion and dedication that is demonstrated by members (current and past) of the Fraser Valley Ringette Association.
In addition to the financial award, recipients will receive a scholarship award certificate and have their name on a perpetual plaque displayed in one of the Langley arenas.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Application for the Fraser Valley Ringette Member Scholarship may be made by ringette participants (male or female) who are registered and in good standing with the Fraser Valley Ringette Association as any of the following:
- Ringette players and/or
- Ringette coaches who are certified or in the process of becoming certified and/or
- Active on-ice ringette-certified officials, and/or
- Applicants must have demonstrated a commitment to their education and must meet the admission standards of the educational institution or program specified.
- Applicants must be actively volunteering in community and/or sport.
- Applicants may be either male or female, be any age provided that he/she is in his/her final year of high school OR in post-secondary education (up to and including third-year student) and will be enrolled full-time in a post-secondary training program, college, or university in the following academic year.
- The chosen applicant will be someone who has been a positive role model in the Fraser Valley Ringette Association, and who best demonstrates sustained commitment, dedication and passion for the sport of ringette through playing, coaching, officiating and/or other volunteer activities, and who has earned the respect of teammates, coaches, and/or officials for his/her contributions through dedication, passion, commitment, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
Applications (plus supporting documents as detailed below) must be forwarded on or before Nov. 22 to:
The Fraser Valley Ringette Member Scholarship Committee
c/o Fraser Valley Ringette Association
P.O. Box 61591
Langley, BC, V3A 8C8
Subject line: FVRA Scholarship